Aloha editor fork -- proposed move

Kathi Fletcher

Apr 26, 2013, 3:43:27 PM4/26/13
to oerpub-t...@googlegroups.com, oerpu...@googlegroups.com, Rhaptos software development list, Adam Thomas, Adam Hyde
We are planning to refork Aloha and merge master and gh-pages from the current Wysiwhat repo.

There are two reasons to do this
1. We would like to get a clean history for the fork. Right now the history contains a download of MathJax.
2. We would like to avoid having yet another name and organization to maintain. Right now only CNX and Kathi's SF team are working directly on this fork, and we have an umbrella org -- oerpub -- for tools that can be shared among projects. The wysiwhat name came from the name of a sprint in Berlin.

Any objections?

Kathi

--
Katherine Fletcher, kathi.f...@gmail.com

Adam Hyde

Apr 26, 2013, 5:20:32 PM4/26/13
to Kathi Fletcher, oerpub-t...@googlegroups.com, oerpu...@googlegroups.com, Rhaptos software development list, Adam Thomas
i think it should remain wysiwhat. its a good neutral commons space to
work on and all work is not sponsored by oerpub - there ae more
stakeholders and putting under oerpub doesnt feel right to me. I have
plans to put some dev time into this soon which I need to talk to you
about

adam

Kathi Fletcher

Apr 27, 2013, 1:58:03 PM4/27/13
to Adam Hyde, oerpub-t...@googlegroups.com, oerpu...@googlegroups.com, Rhaptos software development list, Adam Thomas
So, actually, the oerpub tools are cross-project tools intended to benefit the OER (open education resources) and book publishing community. We have a fairly nice development process that should make it easy for others to join in using a git progression from forks and pull requests, to branches from master and reviewed pull requests back to master that Connexions and my team use. The import export tools and editor work in tandem and we are working to make those easier to plug and play also. We will be helping new projects get involved over the next year to continue that process.

I don't think the extra org name gives us any more neutrality in actuality. It is just difficult to explain and more work to promote to newcomers.

Kathi