siyavula.oerpub.org numbered lists do not preserve numbering attribute.

Ewald Zietsman

Sep 25, 2013, 5:45:59 AM9/25/13
to oerpu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have content in gdocs that uses numbered lists in a strange way. We create a numbered list e.g.

1. Thing A
2. Thing B
3. Thing C

then we add content between the items i.e.

1. Thing A
Some other stuff
2. Thing B
Some more stuff
3. Thing C
And yet more stuff

Now, before , the cnxml had a 'start-value' attribute in the <list> tag but currently it does not have, which means all our lists start at 1 instead of getting the correct number when we convert to LaTeX. We have no way of automagically guessing the correct number reliably. I'm hoping this is something that got missed in the re-work when Google changed their lists in Gdocs and that we can get the numbering back. This will be awesome :D

--
Ewald Zietsman

Technical Coor
dinator

Website: www.siyavula.com
The Open Innovation Studio, 27 Buitenkant Street, Cape Town, 8001

Marvin Reimer

Oct 1, 2013, 11:39:45 PM10/1/13
to oerpu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ewald,

I pushed the fixed now to http://siyavula.oerpub.org

Please test if lists are now looking better.

Marvin

Ewald Zietsman

Oct 2, 2013, 1:12:48 AM10/2/13
to oerpu...@googlegroups.com

Thank you! Why so late? Are you in Texas or did you code all night?

Ewald Zietsman

Oct 2, 2013, 5:32:12 AM10/2/13
to oerpu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marvin,

I'm getting the following error when I try to import a document:

On line 656, column 76:  error value of attribute "list-type" is invalid; must be equal to "enumerated"
context: dp16595216" start-value="2" list-type="bulleted">

On line 680, column 77:  error value of attribute "list-type" is invalid; must be equal to "enumerated"
context: p24973968" start-value="10" list-type="bulleted">

Marvin Reimer

Oct 2, 2013, 5:40:35 AM10/2/13
to oerpu...@googlegroups.com
Argh. Thanks Ewald (no I did not coded at night... just no good sleep).
This happens when the test set is too small. I'm guessing we need some sort of (XSLT)-Unit tests for this in longterm.

This is easy fixable. Just wait some minutes.
Marvin

Marvin Reimer

Oct 2, 2013, 6:09:54 AM10/2/13
to oerpu...@googlegroups.com
Fixed Ewald. I did not excluded non enumerated lists.

Please retest.

If anything goes wrong now please contact me privately. I think we do not need to discuss this on this list from now on ;)

Marvin