Open High School of Utah

Jim Tittsler

Oct 13, 2010, 2:22:24 AM10/13/10
to oe...@googlegroups.com
At ULearn last week I enjoyed hearing Mark Osborne's perspective on
using Open Source in building a new high school. This evening I came
across a quick video highlighting the Open Source and Open Education
Resource choices that went into building the new Open High School of
Utah, an innovative charter school.

http://opensource.com/education/10/9/open-source-goes-high-school

Tim Kong

Oct 13, 2010, 6:37:23 AM10/13/10
to oe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

I was at Mark's uLearn presentation, would have liked to have met you if I'd known you were in room. I was keen to get to your Sugar presentation - but was not able too.

I've already flicked this video onto Mark - but it's appropriate for this list also I think.

The K12Online Conference, which is a fantastic resource for anyone interested in a connected education sector is just beginning it's 2010 run - and the pre-conference keynote is from Dean Shareski.

The basic premise of his talk is that education is ALL about sharing, that transcends any software models or FOSS v. Msoft arguments.

IMO - it's great stuff - and we need to be reminded of the essence of what we do.

http://k12onlineconference.org/?p=610

Cheers,

Tim

--