Right to Research Coalition: new web site

Cable Green

Dec 13, 2010, 6:35:20 PM12/13/10
to cccoer-st...@googlegroups.com, Educause Openness Constituent Group (OPENNESS@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU), oer-advocac...@googlegroups.com, oerf-thought-...@googlegroups.com, Nick Shockey, Heather Joseph

I just got off the phone with:

Nick Shockey

Director, Right to Research Coalition

Director of Student Advocacy, SPARC

… and I recently spoke with Heather Joseph, Executive Director of SPARC … a project of the Association of Research Libraries to “correct imbalances in the scholarly publishing system.”

I have long been impressed with both SPARC’s and the Right to Research Coalition’s clear messaging around open access to academic journals.

Check out Nick’s blog post on the Right to Research Coalition’s new web site.

·         Web site – watch the upper main screen

·         Clear arguments

o    Problem

o    Solution

o    Why Open Access?

·         I particularly liked this poster ;)

·         And SPARC is doing important work re: US Federal Open Access Policy

o    Federal Research Public Access Act (S.1373)

o    Four principles

Thanks to Nick and Heather for leading us forward in Open Access!

Cable

Cable Green, PhD

Director of eLearning & Open Education

SBCTC