Re: [OER-advocacy] SXSWedu

Randy Fisher

Sep 2, 2011, 8:47:32 AM9/2/11
to oer-advocac...@googlegroups.com, oerf-thought-...@googlegroups.com, Educause Openness Constituent Group (OPENNESS@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU), Mary Lou Forward, Wayne Mackintosh (Home), Una Daly, Jacky Kay Hood
Great catch Karen!

- Randy

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Karen Fasimpaur <ka...@k12opened.com> wrote:
I'm sure most of you know the South by Southwest (SXSW) music, film,
and interactive shows -- now there is also SXSWedu.

This year, SXSWedu is including an OER strand in their conference. To
my knowledge, this will be one of the first K-12 OER conference
strands at a major conference. We are hoping to get lots of
participation and to make this a significant OER event. Most of the
participants at the conference will not have heard of OER before, so
we have a chance to raise awareness significantly.

We hope many OER advocates and users will present at this event. The
conference is March 6-8, and presentation submissions are due Oct. 1:
http://www.sxswedu.com/content/edu-panelpicker

If you have questions, let me know. And please spread the word to
anyone you know in OER who might be interested. Thanks.

Randy Fisher, MA, Organization Development
Certified Advanced Technology Manager

President & CEO, iCentro Corporation
Ottawa, Canada
Skype: wikirandy

A Success Network for Entrepreneurs & Business Professionals