Publishing Students' Work on Open.Michigan

1 view

Dave Malicke

Dec 19, 2011, 10:02:51 AM12/19/11
to oer-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Students are choosing to openly license and share their own work with Open.Michigan, including presentations, papers, notes and research. We are all too happy to include this work within our OER collection. Publishing student works alongside faculty members’ content provides a more complete picture of the teaching and learning that takes place at the University of Michigan. Learn more on our blog: https://open.umich.edu/blog/2011/12/16/student-work/

Thank you,
Dave

Pieter Kleymeer

Dec 19, 2011, 12:14:51 PM12/19/11
to oer-d...@googlegroups.com
It's great to see all that student work called out together. I think it's really important to showcase not only the work itself, but the partnerships and learning that happened because of the sharing of that work (or collaborative development of the open work). Nice post, Dave!

-Piet

Greg Grossmeier

Dec 19, 2011, 12:54:13 PM12/19/11
to oer-d...@googlegroups.com
This is, indeed, great!

Is there a way for students from classes without a faculty-shared class
to share their notes/assignments/etc?

Keep rocking, Dave and Piet!

Greg

<quote name="Pieter Kleymeer" date="2011-12-19" time="12:14:51 -0500">

trex...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2011, 1:02:45 PM12/19/11
to oer-d...@googlegroups.com
This is a very good initiative and should be encouraged in every institution possible. This means that there would be more resources available for use by both lecturer and student alike.
Nice one UM
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Vodafone

From: Dave Malicke <dmal...@umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:02:51 -0500
Subject: [oer-dScribe] Publishing Students' Work on Open.Michigan

Dave Malicke

Dec 20, 2011, 10:23:24 AM12/20/11
to oer-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Greg! We have some student works without a faculty-shared class on our projects page. But this is likely not the best fit for what you are suggesting. I agree, we should have a strategy for addressing it though. Definitely something to think about in the new year.

- Dave