Cable Green moving to Creative Commons

Cable Green

May 2, 2011, 3:10:43 PM5/2/11
to Cable Green

Greetings Colleagues, Friends and Family:

Please forgive cross-postings…

I am delighted to announce I have accepted the position of “Director of Global Learning” @ Creative Commons (job details below).  CC posted the news this morning.

While I am sad leaving the Washington State Board for Community & Technical Colleges (it has been the best job of my career!), I have an intense passion for open education resources and open policy… and this is an opportunity to work those issues on a global scale.  I believe, as the marginal cost of sharing digital content approaches $0, we have a collective obligation to help learners everywhere access a quality, affordable education.

Creative Commons is about realizing the full potential of the Internet — universal access to research and education, full participation in culture, and driving a new era of development, growth, and productivity.

I think it will be a good fit ;)

Cable

Cable Green, PhD
Director of eLearning & Open Education
SBCTC
(e) cgr...@sbctc.edu   /   (p) 360-704-4334
(t) @cgreen   /   (b) OER / eLearning

New e-mail: ca...@creativecommons.org

===================

JOB TITLE: Director of Global Learning

Supervisor: CEO, Cathy Casserly

PURPOSE OF JOB:

·         Responsible for setting strategic direction and priorities to build regional momentum and a global movement to enable robust and vibrant practices and policies for free sharing of education and learning assets.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

·         Develop relationships with constituent communities (such as high-profile institutions, organizations and governments) to openly license their content, and to promote Creative Commons.

·         Identify and foresee trends in learning and education communities and determine how Creative Commons' licenses and technologies can influence creation, distribution and funding practices.

·         Work with countries, states / provinces / territories, and higher education and K-12 systems / institutions to adopt policies that require publicly funded works to be openly licensed with Creative Commons licensing.

·         Coordinate annual and long-term strategic planning processes with staff and Board committee and work with learning team staff to develop short and long-range work plans with clear objectives and timetables for achieving goals.

·         Work with learning/education vendors and communities to integrate Creative Commons tools into their content creation or distribution processes.

·         Take feedback from the education community and refine existing Creative Commons tool- set to better meet the needs of the community.

·         Ensure timely reporting and communication between the learning team and full Creative Commons staff, board of directors and stakeholders so that all are properly informed of team activities.

·         Serve as an effective and professional spokesperson for Creative Commons; represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, governments and the general public.

·         Work with CC affiliate network and others to scale impact globally.