EDx MIT + Harvard

rory

May 3, 2012, 8:23:39 AM5/3/12
to Open Educational Resources - an online discussion forum, execea, OER Advocacy Coalition, oer course collaboratory, Educause Openness Constituent Group, Terry Anderson
See:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/03/education/harvard-and-mit-team-up-to-offer-free-online-courses.html?_r=1

Rory

On 2012-05-02 5:44 AM, Robin Donaldson wrote:
> Hello Ishan,
>
> Thank you very much for sharing this with us and congratulations on
> completing your study. I look forward to reading your reports. We have
> posted your links to our Twitter and Facebook page for The Orange Grove
> repository.
>
> --Robin
>
> Robin Donaldson, Ph.D.
> Director, Open Access Textbooks ProjectProject Manager, The Orange Grove
> Florida Distance Learning Consortium
> 850-922-3107
> *Web: http://rdonaldson.com
> *Twitter: twitter.com/#!/robinldonaldson
> Follow The Orange Grove repository
> *Twitter: http://twitter.com/theorangegrove
> *Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/TheOrangeGrove
>
> Please note: Due to Florida's broad open records law, most written
> communication is public record, and is available to the public and the
> media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to
> public disclosure.
>

> On 5/2/12 3:03 AM, "Ishan Sudeera Abeywardena"<ish...@wou.edu.my> wrote:
>
>> Fellow OER Enthusiasts,
>>
>> The preliminary results of the OERAsia Survey: A study of the current
>> state of play in the use of Open Educational Resources in the Asian
>> Region are now available at http://www.oerasia.org/oerasiasurvey (under
>> findings).
>>
>> These results have been presented during the recent Policy Forum for Asia
>> and the Pacific: Policy and Practices in Open Educational Resources held
>> in Bangkok organised by UNESCO Bangkok and the Commonwealth of Learning
>> (COL) as well as the Symposium: E-learning and open educational resources
>> held in Hong Kong organised by the Open University of Hong Kong.
>>
>> More detailed reports identifying the trends in Malaysia, Vietnam,
>> Indonesia, India, Philippines, Japan, China, Hong Kong China and South
>> Korea will be made available through this website in the near future.
>> Specific case studies on the use and re-use of OER in the region will
>> also be made available. OERAsia.org will also make available the complete
>> dataset comprising of the responses as an OER for further analysis.
>>
>> Please feel free to post comments on the community page at
>> http://www.oerasia.org/oercommunity or on the OERAsia facebook page at
>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/OERAsia/202761039769897
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ishan
>>

>> Ishan Abeywardena MSc, MSc (Brunel), BSc (Bangalore), MIEEE, MBCS, MACM
>> Senior Lecturer | School of Science and Technology
>> Wawasan Open University
>>
>> T+60 4 2180 484 | F +60 4 227 9214
>> 54 Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah
>> 10050 George Town, Penang, Malaysia
>>
>> http://www.wou.edu.my/IshanAbeywardena.html
>>

>> With WOU's Open& Distance Learning model, you have easy access to one of
>> the most flexible and affordable quality higher education in the country.
>> Enrol now for WOU's new Master of Education. And check out our new Ph.D
> [...]

Rory McGreal
UNESCO/COL Chair in OER
Athabasca University

---