Open311 DevCamp announcement from TOPP

Dan Knauss

Oct 6, 2009, 10:22:09 AM10/6/09
to Open Everything Milwaukee
I'd like to invite you to take part in the initiative to bring cities
together in the pursuit of sharing technology and standards for 311
services. Please forward this to other interested parties.

http://open311.org/2009/09/announcing-open311-devcamp/

To attend or see the current list of attendees including other cities:
http://open311.eventbrite.com/ (So far the 311 teams from NYC, D.C.,
Toronto, Columbus, and other cities are attending)

On October 24th, The Open Planning Project will host Open311 DevCamp
at their NYC office. Please register to attend either in person or
remotely via Eventbrite (it’s free). This is a DevCamp style un-
conference to coordinate a standard specification for 311 services.
Washington D.C’s 311 API will be a major case-study for developing a
more universal 311 API. In general, this DevCamp will be an
opportunity to discuss and develop what’s needed to make 311 services
more accessible and for cities to share knowledge for mutual benefit.
The event is intended for developers, project managers, and policy
makers involved with 311 services. We encourage those involved with
311 services from all cities to take part. If you cannot attend in
person, please sign up as a remote attendee and we’ll provide you with
information about how to connect to the DevCamp remotely.

Please register at http://open311.eventbrite.com
The wiki page for the event is http://wiki.open311.org/Open311DevCamp

Ultimately this conversation will lead to a standard specification for
311 services, but the very first goal is to create an environment for
knowledge-sharing and best practices.

On the same day there will another event in NYC that focuses on
coordinating open technology for mobile devices and we plan to
coordinate with that event as well: http://openmobilecamp.eventbrite.com/

I hope you can be involved or can forward this to the most relevant
person in your city. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Philip Ashlock

--

Philip Ashlock
The Open Planning Project - http://www.openplans.org

Douglas A. Whitfield

Oct 6, 2009, 11:06:37 AM10/6/09
to oe...@googlegroups.com
Other than the band, I don't know anything about 311. Is it like 411?
Also, I see nothing about Wisconsin or northern Illinois. Is there
an event we will be able to attend?

Dan Knauss

Oct 6, 2009, 12:17:20 PM10/6/09
to oe...@googlegroups.com

See the bit about remote attendance if you don’t want to travel.
If people from this area get involved, then they'll be involved.
http://open311.org/about/
Dan Knauss (dan@newlocalmedia.com).vcf