list of free software adopting oembed?

elf Pavlik

Jan 9, 2012, 4:33:10 AM1/9/12
to oembed
Hello,

I would like to add list of Free Software which supports oEmbed either as provider as consumer. At this moment I only know:

Providers:
OpenPhoto (in progress)
http://openphoto.uservoice.com/forums/141441-general-discussion-and-feature-requests/suggestions/2499818-add-a-plugin-for-oembed

Consumers:
Drupal
https://drupal.org/project/oembed

Wordpress
https://codex.wordpress.org/Embeds#oEmbed

Elgg
http://code.duuit.com/p/elgg-oembed/

Diaspora
https://joindiaspora.com/tags/oEmbed

StatusNet
http://forum.status.net/discussion/192/oembedhow

but I believe more apps already has support for it which people may don't know about... so such list could come handy =)
i guess i will just fork, start the list and then send pull request?

Thanks!
~ elf Pavlik ~
--
(living strictly moneyless already for over 2 years)
http://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper

Walter McGinnis

Jan 9, 2012, 4:57:15 AM1/9/12
to oem...@googlegroups.com, oembed
Kete (http://kete.net.nz) currently acts as a provider for images and there are plans for adding oEmbed providing for audio, video, and documents for future releases. I wrote a Ruby gem as the basis of this work. You can find it at https://github.com/kete/oembed_provider.

The software also acts as a consumer of oEmbed when users select images to insert via the rich text editor (see https://github.com/kete/image_selector_tinymce_plugin). This is a wrapped up version of the https://github.com/kete/media_selector project which uses the OpenSearch standard in tandem with oEmbed.

Cheers,
Walter McGinnis
Kete Project Lead