Announcement: First meeting on 10th of November (18:00, RTS Library, Vienna)

Benedikt Huber

Nov 5, 2009, 9:51:12 AM11/5/09
to öFP
Hello everybody,

the first evening of our functional programming group will be held on
Tuesday, Nov 10, starting 18:00 at the Library of the RTS group (see
below).

We will start with a introductory talk on light-weight dependent types
given by Benedikt Huber, and continue with an overview of the darcs
sourcecode management system, held by Thomas Danecker. We will also
take some time to get known to each other, talk about ongoing
projects, and topics attendants are interested in.

Time and Date:
Nov 10 2009, 18:00
Location:
Library of the Real-Time Systems group (Treitlstrasse 3, 3rd floor,
1040 Wien).
Get there:
http://tinyurl.com/tuwieninformatik , Building 9
Find the library:
Take the elevator to the third floor, enter glass door, go to the
end of the floor, enter secretary room to the right, turn right and
enter the library.

We are looking forward to the meeting and many interesting
discussions.
If you intend to come, please send a short notice to me or the group.

best regards,
Benedikt

Reminder: Darcs Hacking Sprint on Nov 14-15 !

Benedikt Huber

Nov 11, 2009, 5:51:36 AM11/11/09
to öFP
On Nov 5, 3:51 pm, Benedikt Huber <benj...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> the first evening of our functional programming group will be held on
> Tuesday, Nov 10, starting 18:00 at the Library of the RTS group (see
> below).
Hi,
for those who'd like to take another look at the type hackery stuff,
these
are two good papers:

Functional Pearl: Implicit Configurations
Oleg Kiselyov, Chungchieh Shan
http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~ccshan/prepose/prepose.pdf

Fun with type functions
Oleg Kiselyov, Simon Peyton Jones, Chungchieh Shan
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/simonpj/papers/assoc-types/fun-with-type-funs/typefun.pdf

And here some interesting libraries:
Core
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/type-level
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/HList
Applications
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/dimensional
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/sessions

Thanks to everybody who attended, and for Gergö's spontaneous mini-
talk on
this year's FP summer school. I think the library was a nice place to
meet
and appreciate the offer to meet at complang's library next or another
time.
Concerning the talks, I believe that less functional but nevertheless
extraordinary
concepts such as logic programming or dependently typed languages also
fit
the interests of FP fans well.

cheers, benedikt