medication credit

šŸ±

Oct 9, 2021, 3:32:51ā€ÆPM10/9/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to get money back for out-of-pocket medication expenses, or is it a non-refundable credit that doesn't do anything for us?Ā
I think I will spend nearly $1000 this year.

Rob S

Oct 9, 2021, 10:40:29ā€ÆPM10/9/21
to ODSP Fireside
i think you can but i also think there is a time limit
2 months i think

Karen KKS

Oct 14, 2021, 11:16:22ā€ÆAM10/14/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
You do not get any medication credit back. They only cover what is prescribed and listed on the Ontario Drug Benefit list of medications. Any medication not listed;Ā  you pay for yourself. I have 1 that costs almost $300 every 3 months and it was refused coverage on the special consideration request form 4 times that my doctor completed as he does not want to change it because of too many previous side effects with other medications.

ThankĀ  you,

Karen

Is it possible to get money back for out-of-pocket medication expenses, or is it a non-refundable credit that doesn't do anything for us?Ā
I think I will spend nearly $1000 this year.

auntie...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2021, 1:15:16ā€ÆPM10/14/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com

The health expenses tax credit only works if you have taxable income, which we tend not to have as seniors and/or on ODSP.

If you have taxable income, then get hand written receipts even for over the counter meds ā€“ tell them you get a refund for it if it is an official one ā€“ that means with the drug store stamp on it, your name spelled out and the name of the med and price etc., and signed by someone in the pharmacy.

Hang in there.

šŸ±

Oct 18, 2021, 6:21:42ā€ÆPM10/18/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if I wasn't clear, I meant on our taxes.

You're luck your doctor is willing to try. Mine won't bother. I will probably be near $1000 dollar this year.

Laurie Forgie

Oct 18, 2021, 6:33:05ā€ÆPM10/18/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
do you mean we can claim or medication on our taxes

šŸ±

Oct 18, 2021, 6:43:59ā€ÆPM10/18/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. That's what I thought. My taxable income this year was $200.