Re: [odspfireside: 52743 ] Do you recall.....

ROBERT ALDRED

May 31, 2021, 2:16:09 PM5/31/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I am here.

Robert

On Sun 02/05/21 1:55 AM , Louise justic...@gmail.com sent:
Hi Scott,

I have no idea who the moderator is. I think the group was just opened wide up a few years ago. Threat stopped the messages from being held in queue for the moderator to approve them.

People just gave up I think. There’d been that long stretch where no messages were going through so people just drifted away.

It would be interesting to hear from the others…. Who’s still around?

Louise

On May 2, 2021, at 1:13 AM, Scott Young wrote:

I thought you guys were long gone. Glad you hung around.👊
Who's moderator now?

Scott Young

May 31, 2021, 2:36:39 PM5/31/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Still around.
Scott

May 31, 2021, 5:09:06 PM5/31/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like the active ones are still here. Chris, the former moderator, never replied. I think we should just keep on using it.

What do others think? Are you in?

Louise

Bill Taylor

May 31, 2021, 8:47:37 PM5/31/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
I agree with those who want to keep this mail-list active.

I’ve found it to be a terrific resource, for those times when I've been caught in a bind.  This is often one of the first resources to reply to questions/concerns I’ve had in the past.

Cheers, and good health to all!

Bill Taylor

Scott Young

Jun 1, 2021, 2:08:36 AM6/1/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
I'll help and I'll start, does anyone know about living in Ottawa on ODSP?

Jun 1, 2021, 9:32:29 AM6/1/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Anyone know y I'm only able to reply via email and not the actual thread? Heck I dunno if this is even gonna go through.

L B

Jun 1, 2021, 9:46:45 AM6/1/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
It came through😊

Christy Parks

Jun 1, 2021, 9:54:14 AM6/1/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
That's good. Maybe one of the reasons no one uses this anymore is because it's difficult to use and an outdated method of group communication. We should move to MEWE. It's got a group chat, as well as a page to discuss issues to be commented and reacted on. Oh, and WAY LESS STRICT than Facebook and their stupid standards. It's mewe in the Google and apple stores and mewe.com on the browser.

L B

Jun 1, 2021, 10:00:27 AM6/1/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Trying to get everyone to agree on one new place to stay in touch and then getting everyone to move over, rarely ever works.

In my opinion I say we should leave well enough alone, at least for now.

Yahoo took down their groups. We’re lucky this is still around.

Louise

Scott Young

Jun 2, 2021, 5:47:01 AM6/2/21
to ODSP Fireside