Living in Kingston

Scott Young

Sep 21, 2021, 12:24:29 PM9/21/21
to ODSP Fireside
hey guys has anyone ever lived in Kingston? If so what's it like living there and being on ODSP?

L B

Sep 21, 2021, 2:47:55 PM9/21/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I used to live in Kingston and I found it very difficult to deal with the ODSP office.

At the time I had medical transportation to report once per week. I also had income from a part-time job to report.  This meant I was sending 6 inch stacks of paperwork to prove my accountability to the ODSP office.

What was funny was, when I moved to Toronto and I tried report the same thing to my new worker, she was shocked. She said what is this?

It turned out I was being asked to provide way more paperwork than was required.

I was shocked but very much relieved. Since moving my stress has vanished.

Louise

On Sep 21, 2021, at 12:24 PM, Scott Young <jesse....@hotmail.com> wrote:

hey guys has anyone ever lived in Kingston? If so what's it like living there and being on ODSP?

Scott Young

Sep 21, 2021, 3:14:58 PM9/21/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Good to know thanks Louise