Re: [odspfireside: 52715 ] Say over who manages my Henson Trust?

Lynn Wright

Jan 20, 2021, 12:28:38 AM1/20/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill
I’ve had a similar problem, and have been unable to change the Trustee.
If you are successful transferring it to the Public Guardian it is much more difficult to get the money out, especially if it is an emergency situation.
The Trust Documents and/or the Will should name two alternate Trustees for the Trust.
Perhaps one of them would advocate on your behalf.
Look on line to see how others handle disbursements. Some recipients have the Trustee deposit funds in an account that the benefactor take out in exchange for receipts.
Alternately funds could be loaded onto a prepaid VISA card (online)that you could use.

Sent from my iPhone