Out of Province Declaration

Earth Citizen

Feb 13, 2023, 10:47:31 AM2/13/23
to ODSP Fireside
On January 26th, 2023, I received an email from myben...@ontario.ca, which stated the following:

"Starting Saturday February 4, 2023, a change is coming to MyBenefits.

What's changing

  • We are making it easier for you to report if you or members of your household have been out of Ontario."

What it didn't state in the email, was that once I logged into the mybenefits website there was a pop-up window stating it was now MANDATORY to report whether or not one had been out of Ontario for more than 30 days in the previous benefits period (which right now is January), along with a clickable "yes" or "no", plus a "submit" button to send it to them. The date given to complete this declaration was February 23rd, which is only 10 days away, and I only found out because I had to log in to print up my Specail Diet Allowance review forms (see previous post).

This appears deceitful in the utmost, and I wonder if it wasn't an attempt to try and catch people out, and hopefully get them off the ODSP rolls, at least temporarily?
Of course, it could just be one of the many examples of ineptitude at the ministry/ODSP, or perhaps this is just Dougie trying to dig up some more cash for his wealthy developer, and other corporate big wig friends, by once again targeting the poor?

ROBERT ALDRED

Feb 14, 2023, 9:02:57 AM2/14/23
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
The ability to create a fair and just system is not in the cards a this time.
The Neo-liberal takeover of all things (organized theft) is beginning to be
clear. Follow their rules and stay safe. There is nothing the Ford Crime
family would like better than for people on ODSP to lose their benefits. The
cruelty of the monsters in government is stunning. We must get proper support.
In the future we will.

On Mon 13/02/23 10:47 AM , Earth Citizen plane...@hotmail.com sent: