RE: [odspfireside: 52730 ] Do you recall..... ARCH Disability Law Centre!

auntie...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2021, 5:43:56 PM4/30/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com

From: ARCH Intake [mailto:ARCHI...@lao.on.ca]
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 12:44 PM
To: @@@gmail.com'
Subject: RE: ARCH intake procedure

Via email

March 4, 2021

The Summary Advice and Referral Service that ARCH provides is a telephone service. We do not respond to written requests for advice, or provide this service via email, fax, mail or courier. This service is provided directly to persons with disabilities in the province of Ontario.

Through our Summary Advice and Referral Service, ARCH staff lawyers provide legal information and advice on specific disability-related areas of law. ARCH does not generally provide advice relating to legal matters that have not happened yet, and as such, we cannot provide you with advice at this time, as the vaccine has not been made mandatory, and there has not been any official indication that this will happen. However, having said that, we do understand the concerns your raise in your email. If it does come to pass that the government decides to make the vaccine mandatory, or if there is any official indication that this will happen, then please feel free to call ARCH to speak with an ARCH staff lawyer about the matter.

I will open a file under your name, so that if it does reach a point where you would like to speak with an ARCH lawyer about this issue, you can reach out to us again, and we will have your initial email already, so you won’t have to explain everything again, we can just pick up from here.

If you would like to contact us via telephone, ARCH can be contacted between the hours of 9:00am – 1:00pm, or 2:00pm – 5:00pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday, via telephone at:

Telephone – 416-482-8255 or toll-free at 1-866-482-2724 ext. 0

Please note that as part of ARCH’s response to the current covid19 pandemic, in an effort to reduce demands on public health resources, as well as in an effort to protect our staff and the community we serve, ARCH’s physical office is currently closed, and therefore our phones are not being answered in person. If you do wish to contact ARCH, please do so at the above phone numbers. If you leave a message at extension 0, those messages are being monitored, and your call will be returned. Unfortunately we do not have access to our TTY at this time. Please also note that any calls returned will be coming from ‘unknown’ or ‘blocked ID’.

If, due to your disability, you cannot contact us via telephone, please respond and indicate that your disability requires you to communicate with us in an alternate method and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.

Yours truly,

Amanda Ward

Amanda Ward

Intake Coordinator and Rights Worker

ARCH Disability Law Centre

55 University Avenue, 15th Floor

Toronto, Ontario   M5J 2H7

Tel:   416-482-8255 or 1-866-482-2724

TTY: 416-482-1254 or 1-866-482-2728 (TTY is currently not being answered)

Fax:  416-482-2981 or 1-866-881-2723

Website: www.archdisabilitylaw.ca

ARCH's physical office is temporarily closed as staff are working from home.  All staff are still available by phone or email.

The information contained in this email may be legally privileged and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution of this material is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please immediately destroy this message and kindly notify our office.