Getting wheelchair repairs done

L B

Jun 2, 2021, 8:21:29 AM6/2/21
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Does anyone encounter delays in getting wheelchair repairs done?

Do you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get them done?

Does the company do all the repair right the first time or do they keep making “mistakes” and repeatedly have to come back?

Has anyone seen evidence of ODSP being billed multiple times for the same repair?

My MPP was once investigating all this but it dead-ended for lack of enough complaints. The stance my ODSP office now takes is, even if they see a bill is a duplicate, they pay it. That’s because, if they don’t, I can’t get my wheelchair fixed.

The problem is slowly improving, but the delays to get repairs done is still unacceptable.

LB