adjustable Bed

Tom Riddell

Nov 16, 2022, 10:36:22 AM11/16/22
to ODSP Fireside

I've contacted ODSP how about paying for an adjustable bed
As I have severe acid reflux and my head must be elevated

I don't know whether they'll cover it but I have to dry

L B

Nov 16, 2022, 10:39:50 AM11/16/22
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
If you live in Toronto get a home assessment done by the LHIN’s. They can order a bed and the city will pay for it.

Thomas Riddell

Nov 16, 2022, 1:07:45 PM11/16/22
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I live in Halton

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ODSP Fireside" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/odspfireside/624239AA-404C-4E47-8D3C-9AE5747D67A3%40gmail.com.

L B

Nov 16, 2022, 2:15:10 PM11/16/22
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Another solution, albeit not too fancy is, put bricks under the feet at the head of the bed. I have acid reflux as well and a bed that raises the head doesn’t work because it bends my body near the waist. Typically the recommendation is to have the whole bed stay flat but have it tilted to stop the reflux. I used to have bricks under the top feet of my bed for years. I was able to stop only because the reflux became less once I got off an acid-producing medication… an anti-inflammatory.

I hope you can get the funding though. Good luck.

🐱

Nov 18, 2022, 10:55:15 AM11/18/22
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
I'm on OAS/GIS since turning 65 this year. Any idea whether it's possible on GIS?

L B

Nov 18, 2022, 12:31:52 PM11/18/22
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I don’t have a clue about funding for people on GIS. However, many communities have funds for seniors. Try referring yourself to an Occupational Therapist with the LHIN (local health integrated network). Alternatively call a Senior’s Centre to ask if they know of anything.

I’m not quite there but I will soon be looking for senior’s funding as well.

I find it shocking that the ODSP portion of funding to buy a wheelchair, CPAP machine, or other vital disability related item gets cut off.
 It makes no sense.

However, we can at least help each other out by sharing knowledge and/or tips.

Louise