dxSimpleSpace’ does not name a type; did you mean ‘dSimpleSpace’?

Si mon

Mar 22, 2024, 10:55:36 AMMar 22
to ode-users
Hello,

i am pretty new to ODE and get the above error message.

What's the difference between dxSimpleSpace and dSimpleSpace?
Why do i receive that error when defining a var inside a struct?

struct odeGlob_t
{
dxWorld world[3];
dxSimpleSpace space[3];
//and so on
};

Thanks for your help.

Oleh Derevenko

Mar 23, 2024, 8:38:59 PMMar 23
to ode-...@googlegroups.com
dxSimpleSpace  is a private class name from ODE internal code and must not be used in client code.
dSimpleSpace is a C++ wrapper class that creates a SimpleSpace object via ODE API

Oleh Derevenko

-- Skype with underscore

Mar 24, 2024, 8:18:49 AMMar 24
to ode-...@googlegroups.com
With other words, I should replace dxSimpleSpace and use dSimpleSpace instead?

xMajedz _

Mar 24, 2024, 8:19:17 AMMar 24
to ode-...@googlegroups.com
I think you should use dWorldID and dSpaceID types in your struct, correct me if I'm wrong.