Single sided, concave, closed triangle meshes.

Bram Stolk

Sep 16, 2020, 5:13:49 PM9/16/20
to ode-users
Is there a way to tag a Gimpact Triangle Mesh as being single-sided, and closed?

Because currently, I see it being treated as a triangle soup instead, and internal edges of the mesh can generate collision contacts, with collision normal in the triangle plane, instead of perpendicular to it.

When a mesh is completely closed, then there is a well defined inside and outside. So I would expect all contact normals to point in the direction of the triangle or vertex normals, and never lie in the triangle plane.

I have been filtering the contacts in the near callback to detect these cases, but it would be nice if I could stop ODE to generate these kind of internal-edge contacts in the first place.

Oleh Derevenko

Sep 17, 2020, 6:19:51 PM9/17/20
to ode-...@googlegroups.com

Does not look like the author of Gimpact is still here.

Oleh Derevenko

-- Skype with underscore
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2F56 32DC DCD9 B2BB 06E9 39E8 A37E 5E60 376E C691

openpgp-digital-signature.asc