Issue #87

Oleh Derevenko

Mar 23, 2024, 8:34:07 PMMar 23
to ode-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

There is issue #87 submitted.
The reporter has noticed that our Autotools, when building with --enable-ccd, assign all relevant colliders from libccd but leave Cylinder-Box with internal ODE implementation. At the same time, CMake scripts (OD: and the premake4 project generator script) assign the Cylinder-Box to libccd implementation along with all the others. I believe this is from old ages when libccd support was being added. ODE had most of Cylinder colliders missing (not implemented) but the Cylinder-Box collider was there and was considered good. Therefore, the CCD library colliders had been enabled to only complement those pairs that the ODE code could not handle internally.

What are your opinions on how to resolve this inconsistency? Should we keep the internal Cylinder-Box collider and set it for all build methods (like, internal is ours, and thus is better) or should we use the library provided collider if libccd is selected (and thus change the Autotools script to match all other build methods)?

Oleh Derevenko

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this e-mail or any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you.

Oleh Derevenko

Mar 24, 2024, 6:23:14 PMMar 24
to ode-...@googlegroups.com
Alright, I've made up my mind.

It will be natural to write "--enable-libccd --with-box-cylinder=default" but it would not be so with "--enable-libccd --with-box-cylinder=libccd".

Oleh Derevenko

-- Skype with underscore

Mar 25, 2024, 6:18:53 AMMar 25
to ode-...@googlegroups.com
I haven't used ODE in a few years, but I remember stumbling upon this issue and frowning because I expected --with-libccd to enable libccd everywhere, so I vote to make it consistent across the board.