About the return value of dBodyGetAngularVel();.

takai hironori

Oct 1, 2020, 5:35:35 AM10/1/20
to ode-users
Is this function, dBodyGetAngularVel () ;, a function to get the absolute angular velocity [rad / s] from the position of the center of gravity of the object?
When I call this function from an MFR-LQ program, all three return values are 0.0. What's wrong?
I don't know if it's a bug or it hasn't been implemented yet, so please answer if you know.
I just don't know if increasing the version of the ODE library will improve it.
Please give me a solution.
I will try running the sample of demura.net and verify for myself whether the value can be obtained normally.

by hironori takai

e-mail: hironori....@gmail.com
e-mail: hironori...@cock.li

Danny Chapman

Oct 1, 2020, 6:07:06 AM10/1/20
to ode-...@googlegroups.com
dBodyGetAngularVel works as expected - it is after all pretty fundamental. Perhaps the object you're calling it on is not rotating?!