Issues on 64 bit Ubuntu (not 32 bit or macOS etc.)

Oliver Urbann

Feb 8, 2024, 1:10:31 PMFeb 8
to ode-users
Hi everyone,

I have written a robotic simulator for a Nao robot. I was working for several months on macOS, but now I need to execute it for some ML experiments on a large server. There, executing a simple walk leads on Ubuntu 64 bit to the following error after some steps:

ODE INTERNAL ERROR 1: assertion "d[i] != dReal(0.0)" failed in dxLDLTRemove() [matrix.cpp:438]
Aborted (core dumped)

Strangely enough, everything works perfectly with 32 bit Ubuntu/Debian, Windows and also macOS (all 64 bit). I tried various configure flags, nothing helps, except avoiding a 64 bit Linux. Does somebody have an idea?

Best regards,
Oliver

Oleh Derevenko

Feb 8, 2024, 5:22:03 PMFeb 8
to ode-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oliver,

You should be able to open the core file (make a debug build of ODE without any optimizations) and unwind the call path back to see where the invalid value appears from.