Fingerprint SPLIF Issue

Justine Camilla Williams

Mar 16, 2020, 2:45:55 PM3/16/20
to od...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I've been trying to use the SPLIF function in the fingerprints package. I was able to use the SimpleInteractionFingerprint and InteractionFingerprint functions fine, but I got the following error when using SPLIF:

"line 638, in SPLIF

    protein_atom['neighbors'])))

OverflowError: Python int too large to convert to C long"

I would really appreciate any help with figuring out what the problem might be! I am using the newest version of python. Here is an example of what I tried to run:

import oddt

import oddt.fingerprints as fp

import os

proteinpath = 'protein.pdb'

lig1 = 'vina_output_ligand_1.pdb'

lig2 = 'vina_output_ligand_2.pdb'

refList = [lig1, lig2]

protein = next(oddt.toolkit.readfile('pdb', proteinpath))

protein.protein = True

ligand = next(oddt.toolkit.readfile('pdb', lig1))

fp_query = fp.SPLIF(ligand, protein)

I have attached the ligand/protein files I was using. I really appreciate any help with this,

Thank you,

Justine

vina_output_ligand_1.pdb
vina_output_ligand_2.pdb
protein.pdb

Maciek Wójcikowski

Mar 16, 2020, 3:49:21 PM3/16/20
to Justine Camilla Williams, od...@googlegroups.com
Hello Justine,

Thanks for your detailed feedback, I tried your code unfortunately with ODDT 0.7 and python 3.7 I could not reproduce your problem. Could you specify your environment?

The error hints that you might be running 32bit system, is that the case?

----
Pozdrawiam,  |  Best regards,
Maciek Wójcikowski
mac...@wojcikowski.pl

Maciek Wójcikowski

Mar 16, 2020, 4:06:32 PM3/16/20
to Justine Camilla Williams, od...@googlegroups.com
I've googled a bit and it might be Windows/python/numpy issue.

Could you try replacing in fingerprint.py line 612: ('hash', int) to ('hash', np.int64)? It should fix the issue. If it does I will commit that change to the repo. Let me know If you cant edit this file I will try to reproduce the error on some Windows machine.
----
Pozdrawiam,  |  Best regards,
Maciek Wójcikowski
mac...@wojcikowski.pl