mol type conversion

gabm...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2019, 10:05:22 AM4/30/19
to Open Drug Discovery Toolkit Community
Hello,
i' m using oddt to generate some PLEC fingerprints for a library of binding site. My issue is related to the input file. I would like to give in input the pocket-ligand complexes ( in PDB format) and generate in an automated manner the ligand and protein Mol object. Using fixer.ExtractPocketAndLigand function (in the oddt.Toolkits.extras.rdkit module) I can obtaine two RWMol (a RDKIT object i think) object, but they are incompatible with the PLEC function. There is a function for convert a Mol type in another or at least a workaround for my issue?

Thanks in advice.
Best regards
Gabriele

Maciek Wójcikowski

Apr 30, 2019, 4:49:29 PM4/30/19
to gabm...@gmail.com, Open Drug Discovery Toolkit Community
Hi,

You should use RDKit molecule ROMol or RWMol as an argument for `oddt.toolkit.Molecule`.

import oddt
# Make sure that RDKit is the default toolkit
oddt.toolkit = oddt.toolkits.rdk

mol = oddt.toolkit.Molecule(rdkit_mol)

Further use of `mol` in other ODDT functions should be seamless.

gabm...@gmail.com

May 2, 2019, 4:24:44 AM5/2/19
to Open Drug Discovery Toolkit Community
Hello,

Thank you for the help, it worked!