Treatment of Affinity Measurements in Original PLEC Paper

mate...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2019, 6:14:01 PM8/15/19
to Open Drug Discovery Toolkit Community
Hello,

In the original published paper regarding the PLEC fingerprint, it's stated that training was done on the PDBbind general set. Looking at the data, it seems that about 1/3 of the complexes have their affinity measurements as IC50 values, while the remainder are in Ki/Kd.

My question is about the methodology used with regards to IC50 vs Ki/Kd measurements. Were IC50 values treated the same as Ki/Kd values or was some conversion applied before feeding them into the ML model?

For example, the following paper states that a conversion factor of 2 is most suitable for mixing IC50 and Ki/Kd data:

Thank you in advance,

Mateo Vacacela

Maciek Wójcikowski

Aug 16, 2019, 1:27:55 PM8/16/19
to mate...@gmail.com, Open Drug Discovery Toolkit Community
Hi,

No additional processing was done on the target values in the PLEC paper. I also have not conducted any study if it helps at all, but it seems like an interesting problem.