Constant openbabel/pybel problem during installation

iwonaa.go...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2019, 7:55:36 AM12/27/19
to Open Drug Discovery Toolkit Community
Hi,
I have all the requirements installed, but I can't run oddt_cli. I have installed open babel, which runs from terminal as obabel, lastest 3.0.0 version.
I get this error message:

Screenshot from 2019-12-27 13-52-21.png

I will be grateful for any hints how to solve this problem.

Kind regards,
Iwona

Maciek Wójcikowski

Dec 27, 2019, 3:44:14 PM12/27/19
to iwonaa.go...@gmail.com, Open Drug Discovery Toolkit Community
Dear Iwona,

It seems that Openbabel is not available in Python modules. How did you install it? On the screenshot I can see that you are most probably using conda environment, while ODDT is installed in user folders instead of the conda environment. Let me know your setup first, figuring it will probably reveal the problem.

Can you also provide the locations of obabel and python binaries? `which obabel` and `which python` bash commands.

Best,
Maciek

----
Pozdrawiam,  |  Best regards,
Maciek Wójcikowski
mac...@wojcikowski.pl

iwonaa.go...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2019, 5:34:39 AM12/28/19
to Open Drug Discovery Toolkit Community
Dear Maciek,

I managed to run oddt_cli, while installed by pip install -U --no-deps oddt
Earlier I had all the latest versions of dependencies and obabel, pybel installed with pip3 and conda.
I had also build obabel and it runned from command line properly.

(tf_gpu) ➜  ~ which obabel
/home/iwona/anaconda3/envs/tf_gpu/bin/obabel
(tf_gpu) ➜  ~ which python
/home/iwona/anaconda3/envs/tf_gpu/bin/python

Thank You for such a quick reply, I will have in mind env differencies, while future installations.

Kind regards,
Iwona

pt., 27 gru 2019 o 13:55 <iwonaa.g...@gmail.com> napisał(a):
Hi,
I have all the requirements installed, but I can't run oddt_cli. I have installed open babel, which runs from terminal as obabel, lastest 3.0.0 version.
I get this error message:

Screenshot from 2019-12-27 13-52-21.png

I will be grateful for any hints how to solve this problem.

Kind regards,
Iwona

Maciek Wójcikowski

Dec 28, 2019, 7:48:24 AM12/28/19
to iwonaa.go...@gmail.com, Open Drug Discovery Toolkit Community
I'm glad it worked for you. If you run into problems you also need to check if oddt_cli is in fact in the same environment (`which oddt_cli`). I always recommend installing all dependencies using conda, but your solution is also valid.

To install oddt via conda run:
conda install -c oddt oddt

This unfortunately does not install toolkits, that you can install from conda forge
conda install -c conda-forge rdkit openbabel

----
Pozdrawiam,  |  Best regards,
Maciek Wójcikowski
mac...@wojcikowski.pl

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/oddt/3ead153a-cb27-4785-833f-76a9ff8b70f5%40googlegroups.com.

Bruna Katiele de Paula Sousa

Nov 29, 2020, 8:46:46 PM11/29/20
to Open Drug Discovery Toolkit Community
Hi everyone

Im having the same problem, but I tried to install using  pip install -U --no-deps oddt  and didnt worked.

I will be grateful for any hints how to solve this problem.

Kind regards,
Bruna

Maciek Wójcikowski

Nov 30, 2020, 4:40:50 PM11/30/20
to Bruna Katiele de Paula Sousa, Open Drug Discovery Toolkit Community
Hi Bruna,

While it is fine to install oddt using PIP, you cannot do it for the OB or RDKit. You have to install either of them using conda or system package manager.

----
Pozdrawiam,  |  Best regards,
Maciek Wójcikowski
mac...@wojcikowski.pl

Bruna Katiele de Paula Sousa

Nov 30, 2020, 5:28:15 PM11/30/20
to Open Drug Discovery Toolkit Community
Many thanks Maciek! I tried at ubuntu and worked hehe

Thanks in advance!