Is there way to update an entity properties and add a reference to it through one single PATCH-request in OData v4?

Igor Kriklivets

Jun 26, 2015, 9:38:22 AM6/26/15
to odata4j...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

In context of the WCFService with the OData v2 support, I was able to perform a single MERGE request which will change property values of the entity and the references owned by it (through the __metadata object of the request payload).

I've read about $ref requests in OData v4 and CreateRef technique, but it will cost two requests. One to change property values of the entity and the other one to change entity references.

Is there a way to patch an entity and edit its references in one single request in WebAPI with the OData v4 support