Clarification about Precision on Edm.DateTimeOffset

Kosala Lakshitha De Silva

Oct 1, 2021, 1:59:36 AM10/1/21
to OData Discussion
Hi Everyone,
I am currently developing a RESTful API using Odata. While looking for a customer issue I found some mismatch about Precision on Edm.DateTimeOffset properties.

In Odata documentation it states that if no Precision value is specified it will have an arbitrary precision for decimals while it will have a precision of 0 for temporal vlaues.

"If no value is specified, the temporal property has a precision of zero."

But when I tried TripPin and made a POST request to below URL it seems to store fractional seconds even though the $metadata has no precision value specified.

Does anyone have an opinion about whether this is the correct behavior or not? I personally thing this request should not processed.

Thank You,
Kosala