Reminder: Teams Meeting Today @ 2pm

Autumn Raschick-Goodwin

Jun 20, 2024, 12:44:09 PMJun 20
to Oda-central-nh Team, ODA Monadnock Regional Democracy Team, ODA Southern NH Regional Democracy Team, ODA North Country Regional Democracy Team, ODA Upper Valley Regional Democracy Team, ODA Seacoast Regional Democracy Team
Good Afternoon Team Leaders,

This is a quick reminder that we will be having our team meeting today at 2pm. See you soon!

____________

 Regional Democracy Teams Meeting Agenda:

  1. Welcome and Weekly Actions

  2. HB1569

    1. 603 Forward Phone Bank for veto of HB1569 (Register to phone bank here)

    2. Postcards to the Governor (Download postcard here)

  3. Legislative Scorecard

  4. Upcoming events (Events Page)

    1. John Lewis Candlelight Vigil/Day of Action - July 17th, 6pm

    2. Democracy Festival - August 3rd, Time: 12-2pm

    3. Fisher Cats Primary Fundraising Event - August 23rd, 6:35pm

    4. Voter Confidence Conference - St. Anselm’s College - September 14th, 10-2

    5. Book Club: Democracy in Black - September 24th, 7pm

    6. Book Festival with Book the Vote - October 4th

____________

Join Zoom Meeting https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82143597192?pwd=FvEZNJobVHieFb6nhBHVA28x61tLuk.1
Meeting ID: 821 4359 7192
Passcode: 901912

US Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 305 224 1968 US
+1 309 205 3325 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 360 209 5623 US
+1 386 347 5053 US
+1 507 473 4847 US
+1 564 217 2000 US
+1 669 444 9171 US
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 689 278 1000 US
+1 719 359 4580 US
+1 253 205 0468 US
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

Meeting ID: 821 4359 7192
Passcode: 901912

Thank you,
Autumn Raschick-Goodwin (she/her)
Program Coordinator
4 Park St, Suite 301, Concord, NH 03301

OD/ODA works on Ndakinna, the unceded homelands of the Abenaki, Pennacook, and Wabanaki peoples past and present. We acknowledge and honor with gratitude the land, the water, and the people who have stewarded Ndakinna through generations and continue to do so today.

Autumn Raschick-Goodwin

Jun 27, 2024, 11:55:58 AM (7 days ago) Jun 27
to Oda-central-nh Team, ODA Monadnock Regional Democracy Team, ODA Southern NH Regional Democracy Team, ODA North Country Regional Democracy Team, ODA Upper Valley Regional Democracy Team, ODA Seacoast Regional Democracy Team
Good Morning Team Leaders,

This is a quick reminder that we have our Regional Democracy Teams meeting today at 2pm.  In addition to our weekly actions I have shared a few news article links below about the Secretary of State officially offering to help replace the old ballot-counting machines. Also attached is the letter from the SOS talking about how towns can apply for that funding assistance.

The Keene Sentinel - State says most communities will use old voting machines this year

____________

 Regional Democracy Teams Meeting Agenda:

  1. Welcome and Weekly Actions

  2. Legislative Update

  3. HB1569 status

      1. Postcards to the Governor (Download postcard here)

      1. Social media post tagging Governor Sununu (@Governor Chris Sununu) Graphic for Post

      2. Submit LTEs

    1. Upcoming events (Events Page)

        1. John Lewis Candlelight Vigil/Day of Action - July 17th, 6pm

        1. Granny D Walk for Democracy - August 3rd, 9am-12pm

      SOS letter pg1.jpg
      SOS Letter pg2.jpg

      Autumn Raschick-Goodwin

      Jun 27, 2024, 12:00:29 PM (7 days ago) Jun 27
      to Oda-central-nh Team, ODA Monadnock Regional Democracy Team, ODA Southern NH Regional Democracy Team, ODA North Country Regional Democracy Team, ODA Upper Valley Regional Democracy Team, ODA Seacoast Regional Democracy Team
      I also wanted to share the following NHCVR press release with you all about the Secretary of State stepping up to help fund new ballot-counting machines.

      For Immediate Release:

      June 25, 2024

      Contact: McKenzie St. Germain

      603 491 6975

      mstge...@americavotes.org

      New Hampshire Campaign for Voting Rights Celebrates Use of HAVA Funds to Improve New Hampshire Elections

      Following years of advocacy and legislation, Secretary of State finally commits to election modernization efforts

      Concord, N.H. —  Yesterday, the New Hampshire Secretary Of State’s Office announced a new program that would help towns and cities purchase new ballot counting devices or electronic poll books using Help America Vote Act (HAVA) funds.

       McKenzie St. Germain, Campaign Director for the New Hampshire Campaign for Voting Rights, released the following statement:

      “We applaud the Secretary of State for announcing this new program to support local communities in purchasing much-needed election equipment. As communities begin the necessary shift to new ballot counting devices for all future elections,  these HAVA funds will provide critical assistance to cities and towns in purchasing new, secure,  modern, and efficient equipment.  Local election officials and voting rights advocates have spent years pressing for the state’s surplus of HAVA funds to be used for this purpose.”

      “There are many more common sense and proven opportunities available for our state – like online voter registration - to better equip local election officials with the tools they need to ensure New Hampshire continues to run the best elections in the country. We hope the Secretary of State will continue to use these funds to assist our municipalities.”

      ###

      The New Hampshire Campaign for Voting Rights is a coalition of state and national advocacy organizations, voters, attorneys and watchdog organizations working to ensure and preserve the right to vote for every eligible Granite Stater, and is a project of America Votes New Hampshire.