State House Viz => This is the Week to show up for Voting Rights!

Olivia Zink

Jun 8, 2024, 3:26:47 PMJun 8
to oda-central-nh-team, ODA Leg

Please let me know if you can support Kent St by showing up on Tuesday!

Olivia Zink
Open Democracy
4 Park St, Concord NH 03301

Begin forwarded message:

From: Louise Spencer <lpsken...@gmail.com>
Date: June 8, 2024 at 3:02:19 PM EDT
To: Louise Spencer <lpsken...@gmail.com>, Melissa Hinebauch <mmhin...@yahoo.com>, Nancy Brennan <burnin...@gmail.com>, Dennis and Deb Jakubowski <dend...@gmail.com>, Maura Willing <maura....@comcast.net>, Liz Anne Platt <lizanne...@gmail.com>, Lucas Meyer <lucas...@gmail.com>, Olivia Zink <oli...@opendemocracy.me>
Subject: State House Viz => This is the Week to show up for Voting Rights!

Dear Friends,

I am sending this out as a personal - and yes urgent - request that you join us in Concord this week to defend and protect voting rights here in New Hampshire.

The House and Senate GOP are on the verge of passing a draconian bill that threatens the voting rights of ALL Granite Staters...you and me included.

Secretary of State Dave Scanlon has endorsed HB 1370 and has claimed that his office will be able to effectively implement it in time for the upcoming elections. As the top election official in NH, Secretary Scanlon has failed to address the myriad of issues this bill presents...

Mr. Secretary of State, WE THE PEOPLE HAVE QUESTIONS!  Among them are: Why are you claiming on the one hand NH elections are safe and secure while endorsing a bill that could disenfranchise thousands of unsuspecting Granite Staters?

We are inviting Secretary of State Scanlon to answer our questions about HB 1370, and its companion bill already on the way to the Governor, HB 1569, this Tuesday at a People's Press Conference at 10 am at the State House. We will follow-up if need be with a visit to the Secretary's office, questions in hand, requesting answers.

Then on Thursday from 9 to 10 am we will hold a visibility of the final House and Senate sessions when both chambers are scheduled to vote on HB 1569.

I am proud that from our very first days, Kent Streeters have always shown up to protect and defend the right that all other rights depend on: the right to vote.

Please sign up here so we can plan accordingly (number of signs needed, etc.)

Details:Event Details:
  • Date: Tuesday, June 11th
  • Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
  • Location: In front of the State House
Organizers:
  • Kent St. Coalition
Purpose:

To address the overwhelming number of questions from Granite State voters and election officials regarding HB 1569 and HB 1370.

Schedule:
  1. 10:00 AM - 10:15 AM: Press Event

    • We are inviting Secretary Scanlan to attend and answer our questions, but if he chooses not to participate, there will be brief remarks by representatives of the voting rights community.
    • Highlight clear negative impacts of bill  on the importance and implications of HB 1569 and HB 1370.
  2. 10:15 AM - 10:30 AM: Grassroots action

    • If Secretary Scanlan does not show up to answer questions, the group will proceed as a group head to his office and form a line at the Secretary of State's office on the second floor of the State House.
    • Participants will individually present their questions to the Secretary's office, seeking answers.
Call to Action:
  • Confirm your attendance Tuesday
  • Confirm if you're willing to reach out to your local election officials about this bill.
  • Confirm you attendance for visibility on Thursday, when the House and Senate meet to vote on HB 1370.
Contact Information:

With eyes on the prize,

Louise

Louise P. Spencer
Co-Founder
Kent Street Coalition
She/Hers

“Each of us brings varying degrees of time, availability, experience, knowledge, and skills”
noname.jpeg