Reminder: Teams Meeting Tomorrow at 4pm

1 view

Autumn Raschick-Goodwin

Mar 11, 2024, 6:48:37 PMMar 11
to Oda-central-nh Team, ODA Monadnock Regional Democracy Team, ODA North Country Regional Democracy Team, ODA Seacoast Regional Democracy Team, ODA Southern NH Regional Democracy Team, ODA Upper Valley Regional Democracy Team
Good Evening Team Leaders-

This is a quick reminder that we will be having our Teams meeting tomorrow, March 12th at 4pm - zoom information is at the bottom of this email. Below are the actions for this week - HB 463 is being heard tomorrow morning so be sure to sign in on it as soon as possible.

We look forward to discussing your actions from last week and going over legislative updates. See you at 4pm!

Action 1 - Sign-in to SUPPORT HB 463

Support

HB 463 - election information portal

This bill authorizes the secretary of state to develop an election information portal.

Public Hearing: Senate Election Law and Municipal Affairs Committee, March 12th @ 9:40am LOB 103

Link to Sign in on Senate bills

Link to Email the Committee via UJoin

Action 2 - Share book club flyer with local library

Open Democracy Book Club: Unthinkable

The next book that has been chosen for the Open Democracy Book Club is Unthinkable: Trauma, Truth, and the Trials of American Democracy by Jamie Raskin. The author, Congressman Raskin, will join us via Zoom for the first half hour for discussion and Q&A. Share the flyer for the event at your local library.

When: Thursday, April 11th at 7:00 pm

Learn more and register here.

Book Club Flyer

Action 3 - Hold signs for HB1569 on Thursday, March 14th

Join Kent St in holding signs and passing out handouts asking legislators to vote no on HB1569 this Thursday from 8:00am to 10:00am at the State House (outside and upstairs at Reps Hall). Signs and handouts will be provided to you.

Bonus Action - Brennan Center Virtual Event

On March 20th the Brennan Center for Justice will be holding a virtual event entitled, "The Missing Constitutional Right."  Richard Hasen, professor of law and political science and director of the Safeguarding Democracy Project at UCLA School of Law. He will be joined by moderator Wilfred Codrington, associate professor of law at Brooklyn Law School. Hasen and Codrington will discuss what it means to include an affirmative right to vote in the Constitution and what it would take to get there.

RSVP here.

Zoom Information:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84529984229

Meeting ID: 845 2998 4229
One tap mobile
+13052241968,,84529984229# US
+13092053325,,84529984229# US

Dial by your location
        +1 305 224 1968 US
        +1 309 205 3325 US
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 931 3860 US
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 360 209 5623 US
        +1 386 347 5053 US
        +1 507 473 4847 US
        +1 564 217 2000 US
        +1 669 444 9171 US
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 689 278 1000 US
        +1 719 359 4580 US
        +1 253 205 0468 US
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 845 2998 4229

Thank you,
Autumn Raschick-Goodwin (she/her)
Program Coordinator
4 Park St, Suite 301, Concord, NH 03301

OD/ODA works on Ndakinna, the unceded homelands of the Abenaki, Pennacook, and Wabanaki peoples past and present. We acknowledge and honor with gratitude the land, the water, and the people who have stewarded Ndakinna through generations and continue to do so today.

Autumn Raschick-Goodwin

Mar 18, 2024, 5:42:00 PMMar 18
to Oda-central-nh Team, ODA Monadnock Regional Democracy Team, ODA North Country Regional Democracy Team, ODA Upper Valley Regional Democracy Team, ODA Seacoast Regional Democracy Team, ODA Southern NH Regional Democracy Team
Good Evening Team Leaders-

This is a quick reminder that we will be having our Teams meeting tomorrow, March 18th at 4pm - zoom information is at the bottom of this email. Below are the actions for this week - SB 489 and SB 535 are being heard tomorrow morning so be sure to sign in on it as soon as possible.

We look forward to discussing your actions from last week and going over legislative updates. See you at 4pm!

Action 1 - Sign-in on bills

Support

SB 489 - Election audits

This bill requires the secretary of state to conduct audits of a certain percentage of ballot counting devices to be used at state primary and general elections.

Executive Session: House Election Law Committee, March 19th @ 10:00am LOB 306-308

Link to Sign in on House Bills

SB535 - Absentee Ballots

This bill updates the absentee ballot request form to match state statute that enables a person who would otherwise vote in person but has concerns about traveling during a winter storm warning to receive an absentee ballot.

Executive Session: House Election Law Committee

March 19th @ 10:20am LOB 306-308

Link to Sign in on House Bills

Action 2 - RSVP and Share our Upcoming Event

Our High School Voter Registration Volunteer Workshop is a week away. Be sure to RSVP for the event and please share with as many of the teachers and students in your lives as you can.

Highschool Voter Registration Volunteer Workshop

When: March 26th, 6:00pm EST

Join volunteers across your state to help NH high school students register to vote before they graduate this spring! Learn how to encourage and empower students and educators to organize voter registration events for their schools in NH.

Learn more and register here

Action 3 - Upcoming External Virtual Events

There are several upcoming virtual events centered on strengthening our democracy and voting rights. Be sure to learn more and RSVP to ones that interest you.

March 20, 3pm-4pm: Brennan Center for Justice holds a virtual event entitled, "The Missing Constitutional Right." RSVP here.

March 25, 3pm: Issue One hosts a virtual event entitled, "Women Who Make Democracy Work" with New Mexico Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Oliver and others. RSVP here.

March 26, 12pm: Washington Post Live hosts a virtual event entitled, "Stephen Breyer on ‘Reading the Constitution,’ the Supreme Court and American Democracy." RSVP here.

April 30, 3pm: Brennan Center for Justice holds a virtual event entitled, "Elected Officials Under Siege" with New York Attorney General Letitia James and others. RSVP here.