Teams Tuesday at 4pm

Olivia Zink

Apr 9, 2024, 9:30:08 AMApr 9
to ODA Monadnock Regional Democracy Team, ODA Seacoast Regional Democracy Team, Oda-central-nh Team, ODA North Country Regional Democracy Team, ODA Upper Valley Regional Democracy Team, ODA Southern NH Regional Democracy Team
I hope to see you at our team meeting today. Actions are below so if you can't attend please share actions.

Topic: Regional Democracy Team Meeting
Time: Apr 9, 2024 04:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89588384994?pwd=INn522taP6yAibqxfmCSTCKTWvRU78.1

Meeting ID: 895 8838 4994
Passcode: 444630

---

One tap mobile
+13017158592,,89588384994#,,,,*444630# US (Washington DC)
+13052241968,,89588384994#,,,,*444630# US

---

Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 305 224 1968 US
+1 309 205 3325 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 360 209 5623 US
+1 386 347 5053 US
+1 507 473 4847 US
+1 564 217 2000 US
+1 669 444 9171 US
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 689 278 1000 US
+1 719 359 4580 US
+1 253 205 0468 US
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

Meeting ID: 895 8838 4994
Passcode: 444630

Actions for Apr 8-Apr 14

Action 1 - Upcoming Events

NHCVR Grassroots Briefing: HB1569

Please join us and NHCVR on Tuesday, April 9th at 7pm for a special grassroots briefing on HB1569, a massive threat to voting rights and elections in New Hampshire that would require demonstrated proof of citizenship in order to register and vote. After registering, be sure to share with friends and colleagues!

RSVP here

Open Democracy Book Club: Unthinkable

Our next book club session is only a few days away - April 11th at 7pm. Be sure to RSVP, share the event with your fellow bibliophiles, and get reading. The next book that has been chosen for the Open Democracy Book Club is Unthinkable: Trauma, Truth, and the Trials of American Democracy by Jamie Raskin. The book is raw and captivating, putting you in the headspace of the legislators on Capitol Hill during the events that took place on January 6, 2021.

The author, Congressman Raskin, will join us via Zoom for the first half hour of the meeting for discussion and Q&A.

Learn more and register here.

Ballots and Brews

Democracy is for everyone, but only a fraction of New Hampshire residents get involved in the political process beyond voting in general elections - or even know how to start. Let's work together to fix that!

Our Ballots and Brews event on Wednesday, May 1st, at the Barcode Lounge & Grill in Manchester is an approachable introduction to the New Hampshire legislative process. We ask that you share this event with the college students and young professionals in your life so we can help build more youth engagement in our democracy.

Learn more and RSVP here.

Flyer for sharing the event here.

Annual Meeting

Please join Open Democracy and Open Democracy Action for the 2024 Annual Meeting!

WHEN: Flag Day, June 14, 2024 at 6 pm

WHERE: The Derryfield Restaurant, 625 Mammoth Rd, Manchester, NH

Our very special guest will be Pulitzer Prize-winning former New York Times reporter, Emmy award-winning producer and correspondent, Hedrick Smith!

Purchase a ticket and RSVP here.

Action 2 - Email Your Town Clerk

During the hearing for HB447 - a bill allowing grants to be given to cities and towns for the purchase of election equipment - Secretary of State David Scanlan testified there's enough surplus in a federal election fund to support the replacement of outdated voting machines in our cities and towns and “[he has] also said in the past that when we achieve a surplus in the account, we would use
the money for one-time programs that would assist elections at the local level.” Despite this Secretary Scanlan went on to encourage the committee to kill this bill that would accomplish exactly that.

So we ask that you contact your town clerk to email Senator Gray and Secretary of State Scanlan to request HAVA funds for replacing outdated voting machines in your town or to reimburse machines they already purchased.

Action 3 - Share on Social Media About HS Voter Registration Drives

The end of the school year is fast approaching, and now is a perfect time to plan a high school voter registration drive! Let's get the word out about hosting a drive and encourage our youth to register before they graduate. Share the toolkits and/or graphics on your social media accounts to help spread awareness.

Open Democracy High School Voter Registration Drive Toolkit

The Civics Center Cap, Gown & Ballot Toolkit

The Civics Center Shareable Graphics

Olivia Zink (she/her)
Executive Director
4 Park St, Suite 301, Concord, NH 03301

OD/ODA works on Ndakinna, the unceded homelands of the Abenaki, Pennacook, and Wabanaki peoples past and present. We acknowledge and honor with gratitude the land, the water, and the people who have stewarded Ndakinna through generations and continue to do so today.