Newly Revised Tom's Farm Century 3/16/24

Chuck Bramwell

Mar 13, 2024, 1:00:11 PMMar 13
to Cycling, OCWSatCentury on Google

cid:image001.jpg@01CE7C6D.ABF431B0

Let’s put on our Goggles and crank out to Tom’s Farm next Saturday!!

Tom's Farm Century

Saturday, March 16, 7:30 A.M.

90 Miles with 4,000 Feet of Climbing

Rain Cancels

Let’s burn off some of those Holiday calories with a Tom’s Farm Century next Saturday with a Route Slip at

http://www.caltriplecrown.com/Centuries/TomsFarmCenturyGreenRiver_rev_C.pdf

and printed copies will be available at the start of the ride.

Let me know if you are coming to this century by replying to this e-mail.  If there isn't enough interest in this ride, I may cancel it by announcing the cancellation on this e-mail list on Friday.

This is a newly revised route thanks to the good work of Larry Locken who also created the Ride with GPS file at

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/45646606

Did you know that Larry has created over 600 Ride with GPS routes for the Orange County Wheelmen?  This is amazing!!   Thank you, Larry, for your good work on this Century route.

All are welcome on these Saturday Centuries

Years ago, Dennis Thomas recommended that we climb up Green River to West Foothill Parkway to East Foothill Parkway all the way out to Temescal Canyon Road.  So I updated this Route Sheet to reflect that change.

This route has one official distance of 90 miles.  It is an out and back course so it can be cut short if necessary by turning around at the first Water Stop at mile 33 for example turning it into about 66 miles.  Or you name it ... you can turn around whenever you need so come join us whether you want to ride 25, 50, 75, or 88 miles ... or anything in between.

The forecast is for temperatures to reach 69 degrees in Corona Saturday according to:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCA0252:1:US

so it should be a great day for cycling.

This ride will start at “The Square” (formerly Foodpark) in Irvine at Main and MacArthur (TBM 859-G4/28-C3) at 7:30 A.M. sharp so you should arrive by 7:15 A.M. Main and MacArthur is near the intersection of the San Diego Freeway (405) and the Newport (55) Freeway. Take the MacArthur Blvd. exit from the San Diego (405) Freeway and turn North ... Main Street is the first street Northeast of the 405 Freeway. Meet in the Parking Lot behind the Starbucks.

Ride safe,

Chuck Bramwell

Chuck Bramwell

Mar 13, 2024, 1:11:46 PMMar 13
to Cycling, OCWSatCentury on Google, Chuck Bramwell

Goggles.jpg

Dennis Thomas

Mar 13, 2024, 5:35:22 PMMar 13
to cbr...@caltriplecrown.com, Cycling, OCWSatCentury on Google

Good to hear from our man Chuck!!

I had the pleasure of having double hernia surgery a couple of weeks ago, so I am banished to the indoor trainer for two more weeks. I’ll be thinking of you guys as you will be passing a mere block from my house. The rains have made the hills green and you might even see some of the flower blooms start to take place. It should be a great ride!

Enjoy, be safe and see you on the next one!

Dennis Thomas

3589 Cedar Ridge Lane, Corona, CA 92881

951-733-5503

denn...@ca.rr.com

image002.jpg

Dori Lewis

Mar 14, 2024, 11:50:32 AMMar 14
to denn...@ca.rr.com, Chuck Bramwell, Cycling, OCWSatCentury on Google
Thanks for the invite Chuck.
Tom just had Bicep Tendon/Rotator Cuff surgery and I need to be home sooner than this ride would get me back. This one is an all day affair.
Tom’s Farm …. That’s always a great route. Hope to share miles sometime soon. Have fun. Thanks, Dori