Andrew May is riding into the sunset!!

1 view

Chuck Bramwell

Mar 11, 2020, 2:25:09 AM3/11/20
to Cycling, OCWSatCentury on Google, Chuck Bramwell

Andrew May has ridden many Saturday Centuries with us over the years and he’s moving to Tucson.

David Slaton is organizing a going away ride and dinner for Andrew on Tuesday, March 17, 6pm at Windrow Park in Irvine followed by dinner at California Pizza Kitchen.

David wrote: “Yes, the Grim Sweeper on many of our CTC double centuries is moving out of Southern California headed for Tucson and we’re going to have a good-bye ride/dinner on Tuesday evening, March 17th (yes, that’s also St. Patrick’s Day, but you don’t have to wear green unless you want to!).

 Please join us at 6 PM at Windrow Park in Irvine for the ride and/or the dinner afterwards at CPK (about 8 PM).

 Please let us know if you will be able to join in (so we can plan for the CPK thing), but in any event please come on out to bid our friend a fond farewell.

 Windrow Park: 285 E Yale Loop, Irvine

 CPK: 5465 Alton Pkwy · In Irvine’s Alton Square

 (If we missed anyone in the invite list, please extend this to them as well.  All are welcome.)”

David is copied on this and he created a Facebook Event page for this at https://www.facebook.com/events/205093953904094/   Thank you, David, for organizing this.

Besides being one of the best guys you’ll meet anywhere, Andrew is an amazing cyclist!!  He’s completed 47 Double Centuries in the California Triple Crown as shown at http://caltriplecrown.org/DoublesbyName/RiderHistoryReport.asp?RiderID=9553&ClubID=

What is really unbelievable is that he’s volunteered on 37 Double Centuries!!  He’s truly an amazing Grim Sweeper.

If you can make it, please shoot David an e-mail at davids...@gmail.com

Let’s all get together and wish Andrew the best.

Chuck