Welcome and intros

Pierre Far

Jun 20, 2010, 2:35:00 PM6/20/10
to OCW Search API
Hello new subscribers,

Just wanted to say thank you for joining the OCW Search API mailing
list.

To get us rolling, can you please introduce yourself and tell us what
you're interested in using the API for?

Thanks!
Pierre

Lisa Rogers

Jun 21, 2010, 10:03:29 AM6/21/10
to ocw-sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I work as a research associate in the UK and have been involved some of the UKOER projects. I'm interested in searching the various repositories and websites used to disseminate OERs through RSS and APIs.

I'm currently looking at the OCWC as it is relevant to this.

I'm going to a developer event on harvesting, aggregating and collecting OERs in Glasgow tomorrow (22nd June)  and the API might be of interest to developers there. http://wiki.cetis.ac.uk/OER_Gathering

Furthermore JISC will be funding projects in the UK that will be creating static and dynamic collections of OER so I'm sure the API will be of interest to those projects.

Best Regards,

Lisa Rogers

--

Lisa J. Rogers (L.J.R...@hw.ac.uk)
Research Associate

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity number SC000278.

Pierre Far

Jun 21, 2010, 1:18:07 PM6/21/10
to OCW Search API
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for that. Sounds very interesting. I'm in Cambridge, UK, and so
the JISC effort is doubly interesting.

As you say, OCW Search can help/support this effort, and I would be
happy to talk about how.

Thanks,
Pierre