Need Volunteers to come to Foreclosure court with us

mario cardenas

May 13, 2012, 7:11:47 PM5/13/12
to occupy-e...@googlegroups.com, ocupar-el-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hello occupiers,

The group Communities United Against Evictions and Foreclosures (CUAEF) is starting a chapter in Little Village/ Pilsen.  I am actively participating to help this project, and I'm wondering if Occupy el Barrio would help as well.

We are currently working with the Izquierda Family, who resides in their foreclosed home in Little Village.  Currently, their bank foreclosed and is seeking to advance into eviction proceedings.  However, we have a strategy of creating public pressure both in court and on the street outside of the banks.  We are also working with a local ally who works for a real estate company and can give us information on other foreclosed homes in the area.  We are looking to build a network of community self support and self involvement in a movement against the greedy banks for the human right to housing.

For now, we need volunteers to come to court with us on Wednesday 05/16at 10AM and show support for the Izquierda Family. Their court will be at Daley Center, we plan to meet at Clark and Washington at 9:30AM.  Perhaps some of you were already planing on going to this event, which is related:

Also, in the future we can discuss more fully how Occupy el Barrio can be involved in this campaign.

Thank You.
Mario Cardenas.