Important community meeting on pollution issues in Pilsen Saturday April 5th...

Jerry Mead-Lucero

Mar 31, 2014, 5:23:31 PM3/31/14
to perr...@yahoogroups.com
Hi All,

PERRO is organizing a community meeting for the afternoon of April 5th at the Lozano library to discuss what to do about the multiple threats to Pilsen environmental health.  We will discuss the metal shredder that Pure Metals is trying to construct across from Juarez High School.  We will also discuss the two heliports that are scheduled to be built in the community.  And we will discuss the ongoing problem of polluted soils, especially along the BNSF railroad tracks by Juarez High School, Alivio Medical Center, Casa Maravilla and the Growing Station Garden.

COMMUNITY MEETING:

Metal Shredders!

Heliports!

Polluted soils!

OH MY!

Pilsen is under a toxic assault

Come to a community meeting to discuss...

* Plans to build a metal shredder across from Juarez High School
* The two heliports planned for both the Northwest and Southeast corners of our neighborhood.
* The continued fight to clean up polluted soils throughout the community.

We want to know what you think

The meeting will be in English and Spanish

Saturday, April 5th at 2:30pm
Rudy Lozano Library - 1805 S. Loomis St.

Please let us know you are coming at the following link...

--
Jerry Mead-Lucero -  Organizer
P.E.R.R.O. (Pilsen Environmental Rights and Reform Organization)

jcha...@aol.com

Apr 1, 2014, 12:20:17 PM4/1/14
to ocupar-el-ba...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the invite.
 I will be there for sure, but may be late re
required meeting at Truman College.

In Solidarity
Juan Chavez