undefined method `using'

somethingsomething

Jul 31, 2012, 10:47:47 PM7/31/12
to octopus-ac...@googlegroups.com
I have a shards.yml defined.

I have the gem listed when I run "bundle install".

I do not use migrations at all.

When I run rails c to bring up the console and try out a query, it fails with "undefined method `using'" which means octopus isn't working for me.  Does octopus insert some methods into the model that I should be aware of?

somethingsomething

Aug 1, 2012, 12:13:44 AM8/1/12
to octopus-ac...@googlegroups.com
I had to add the following to the gemfile:

gem 'ar-octopus', :git => "git://github.com/tchandy/octopus.git", :require => "octopus"

Also, I had to change replication_full to replication in the shard file.

Nonetheless, in development mode I'm not sure that the slaves are properly being accessed.  Production works fine.