Octopus with Heroku followers?

jday

Oct 8, 2012, 5:50:26 PM10/8/12
to octopus-ac...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm investigating how to use a Heroku follower database (https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/heroku-postgresql#follow-beta) as a read slave using Octopus.  Is there any way of doing this outside of hard-coding the HEROKU_POSTGRES_URL values from heroku config into shards.yml?  It'd be nice if there was a way to just reference it through ENV, although I guess that means I need to parse the URI myself.

Gabriel Sobrinho

Oct 17, 2012, 7:38:03 AM10/17/12
to octopus-ac...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

The shards.yml file is parsed using ERB, you can put a environment variable there ;)

On Oct 8, 2012, at 6:50 PM, jday <jef...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm investigating how to use a Heroku follower database (https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/heroku-postgresql#follow-beta) as a read slave using Octopus.  Is there any way of doing this outside of hard-coding the HEROKU_POSTGRES_URL values from heroku config into shards.yml?  It'd be nice if there was a way to just reference it through ENV, although I guess that means I need to parse the URI myself.

Cheers,

Gabriel Sobrinho