RAILS app performance degrade

imagegospel

Sep 5, 2012, 3:46:25 AM9/5/12
to octopus-ac...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all,

I have added ar-octopus gem into my RAILS app, but the performance degraded terribly by:
1. throughput is down to 50%
2. DB workload increased 50 ~ 100%

I did not open octopus, I mean replicated: false. Anyone has experienced similar issue?

<Gemfile>
gem 'ar-octopus', :git  => "git://github.com/tchandy/octopus.git", :require => 'octopus'

<shards.yml>
 octopus:
  replicated: false # set true to use replication
  #fully_replicated: false # if use replication, determine if support all models or only partial models (default: true)
   verify_connection: true # will verify connection before a query
   environments:
    - development
    - production
  base: &mysql
     adapter: mysql2
     encoding: utf8
     host: localhost
     reconnect: true
  production:
     slave1:
       <<: *mysql

Thank you for your help!

WR.

Jimmy

imagegospel

Sep 5, 2012, 11:02:19 PM9/5/12
to octopus-ac...@googlegroups.com
I have found the problem ... seemed verify_connections=true has caused a heavy load to our RDS.

Thanks!

WR.
Jimmy

imagegospel於 2012年9月5日星期三UTC+8下午3時46分25秒寫道: