Migrations and Replication

mi...@roadtrippers.com

Jan 27, 2014, 12:08:35 PM1/27/14
to octopus-ac...@googlegroups.com
I've been experimenting with Octopus for replication in our app and wondered if there was a way to send migrations to all databases. It appears that the most straight-forward implementation would be to set the default migration group, however the master database is not defined in shards.yml in the case of a replication configuration.

What is the recommended way to handle such a configuration?.

Mitch Oliver

Thomas Riboulet

Aug 13, 2014, 6:00:30 AM8/13/14
to octopus-ac...@googlegroups.com
hi,

I supposed you have found a solution since your email.

Yet I am curious : considering that the slaves will replicate any changes to the master applying the migrations to the master would trigger the appropriate changes in the slaves too.
Is that what you ended up doing ?

Thomas