[HELP] Need implementation guidance

Kiran Patil

Apr 7, 2016, 5:25:59 AM4/7/16
to Octopus - Database sharding for ActiveRecord

Our scenario:

-------------------------

1) Replicate certain User tables from Master (Cloud) to Slave (Local) and User authentication is done via Master DB

2) When there is Master DB/Internet failure the User authentication is done from Slave and the modifications to User table are saved in Slave DB

3) Once Master DB/Internet comes up, we need to apply the User DB changes from Slave to Master DB

4) After certain interval again perform step 1 (ie. replicate Master to Slave)

Setup Details:

------------------------

Remote server : Microsoft SQL

Local server: Postgres/Mysql on Linux

Does octopus helps me to implement this scenario ?

Please recommend the solution to achieve the same.

Thanks.

Gabriel Sobrinho

Apr 7, 2016, 8:13:09 AM4/7/16
to octopus-ac...@googlegroups.com
Nope, octopus is not the right solution for that.

To be honest, I don't know any ready solution for offline syncing like that, if you find, please comment here! :)