Meaning of "redirected_uids" in query response

Anton Papst

May 10, 2019, 11:19:20 AM5/10/19
to Octopart API
Hello,

I'm wondering what the meaning of "redirected_uids" in a query response is:

octo1.png

octo2.png

I didn't found anything about it in octopart documentation.
Could someone please clarify this issue?

Best regards,
Anton.

Jimmy W

May 10, 2019, 11:28:17 AM5/10/19
to Octopart API
Hi Anton,
Octopart's algorithms constantly sift through our parts database, discovering entities with different uids which refer to the same part. We merge the entitites into one, and choose one of their uuids to serve as the "real" uid. The uid which was not chosen becomes a "redirected" uid. If you request a uid which has been redirected, you will be taken to the "real" uid. The redirected_uids field lets you confirm that indeed, we still recall storing the part you requested, but it has been merged into a different part.

Jimmy

Anton Papst

May 14, 2019, 5:14:03 PM5/14/19
to Octopart API
Hi Jimmy,

thank you very much for Your answer. It is clearer now.

>>> If you request a uid which has been redirected, you will be taken to the "real" uid.
You mean through the octopart API? How can i do a request using the uid ( except categories ).

Regards,
Anton.

Jimmy W

May 14, 2019, 5:14:34 PM5/14/19