requesting component type

Drew K.

Feb 26, 2016, 12:25:39 PM2/26/16
to Octopart API
Hi,

I am using the BOM quickstart guide to take a list of part numbers as an input, and outputting a csv file containing some specs about each part. However, the specs I want for each part number depends on the part type (like capacitor, resistor, connector, etc.) . I have looked through the technical specs documentation but haven't been able to find a 'spec' for this. The closest thing I found was 'part_family', but 'print item['specs']['part_family']' returns an error. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to do this, or does Octoparts not return this type of information?

Thanks in advance for your help!
-Drew

Andres Morey

Feb 26, 2016, 12:30:52 PM2/26/16
to octopa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Drew,

Here's a complete list of technical specs:

To include each part's technical specs in the response you can add an include directive to your request url ("&include[]=specs"):

Once you do that, the technical specs will be available in the `specs` attribute attached to each Part object. Here's an example:

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Andres

--

---