Can't get results when filtering on SKU

Bobby Jurriaans

Apr 5, 2016, 10:08:36 AM4/5/16
to Octopart API
Hi,

I'm trying to get the information of components by filtering on SKU and distributor, although I usually get zero hits back.

The URL that I use in my Java webapp is:

https://octopart.com/api/v3/parts/search?apikey=XXX&filter[fields][offers.sku][]=2496995&filter[fields][offers.seller.name][]=Farnell&filter[fields][offers.seller.name][]=Mouser&filter[fields][offers.seller.name][]=Digi-Key&pretty_print=true&include=specs

When I look up SKU '2496995' on Octopart.com itself, it does give results.

However, when I use SKU '1175871RL' in my URL, it does give hits back.
It almost seems that the API doesn't accept SKU's that consists only out of numbers.

How can I make this search work?

Thanks in advance!
Bobby

Sam Bobb

Apr 5, 2016, 2:22:31 PM4/5/16
to Octopart API
Bobby,

Thanks for letting us know about that issue. It's a bug; I've recreated it.

I'm working on a fix and will let you know when it's resolved.

Thanks,
Sam Bobb

Sam Bobb

Apr 7, 2016, 3:38:06 PM4/7/16
to Octopart API
Bobby,

A fix for this is now live. Your request returns two hits now.

Please let us know if this issue is not resolved or if you have any other problems.

Thanks,
Sam Bobb

Bobby Jurriaans

Apr 8, 2016, 5:23:05 AM4/8/16
to Octopart API
Excellent, it works! Thank you very much!