guide regarding installing octamap in ubuntu

Sangam Sharma

Mar 19, 2024, 3:40:10 PMMar 19
to OctoMap developers and users discussion
hi guys
I am trying in download and install octamap in my laptop
still I am getting confuse how to process. Can anyone  tell me perfect step by step guide to install and how to use this software. Actually I need to use this software for creating 3d volumetric map for drone. I have seen lots of videos and read documenation but all these quite bit confusing
I am intern at tech company and I have been assgined this task learn how to use this software please guide me.
regards
sangam sharma

Ashith Babu

Mar 19, 2024, 5:14:19 PMMar 19
to oct...@googlegroups.com
if you are using ROS/ROS2, then you can follow the instructions in my github (https://github.com/ashBabu/Utilities/wiki/Octomap-in-ROS-and-ROS2). As per my knowledge, for 3d map, first you need to setup a map --> odom --> base_link which can be done using cartographer and a simulator like gazebo. A detailed guide is available here https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/gsoc-2023-gps-denied-autonomous-exploration-with-ros-2/101121. If you follow this guide and integrate octomap, then you get  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBGpcZ5kaOg