Efficiently create binary occupancy octree from point cloud without raytracing

John Stechschulte

Jan 3, 2021, 2:05:05 PM1/3/21
to OctoMap developers and users discussion
I've looked through the documentation and I haven't been able to figure this out--sorry if I missed something.

I have a point cloud generated from the registration of several RGB-D observations. I'd like to create an octree of just occupancy data from it (specifically, an octomap::OcTree object), to pass to MoveIt for collision avoidance. I want to skip doing any ray tracing, and just put occupied voxels where the points occur--besides being faster, there's no single viewpoint to cast rays from, since the cloud comprises several observations. Is there a function for this in the API?

Thanks,
John