How can i find number of points in each occupied voxel

raja m

Nov 6, 2019, 5:11:50 PM11/6/19
to OctoMap developers and users discussion
I work on 3D object reconstruction project. In order to find the spots where the point clouds are absent on the surface of an object, i attempt to implement octomapping.
Increasing the resolution of the octree resulted in filling the surface of the object with octrees. Now my goal is to find the octree with least number of points in it and perform scanning at those spots.

i tried different solutions to find out the number of point. all i get is the number of occupied voxels but not the number of points in it.

Could some one help me to find out a solution??

Armin Hornung

Nov 8, 2019, 10:23:48 AM11/8/19
to oct...@googlegroups.com
Hello Raja,

please check the paper and API documentation of OctoMap. The actual
points are discarded, so an occupied voxel does not have any information
about stored points.

To get the required information, you would need to implement your own
OcTree type with the desired behavior.

Best regards,

Armin